X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 7.10 AMD64 terribly slow

Hey Guys!

so here goes my problem: I installed Kubuntu from the live desktop cd on my HP nx6325 Laptop with 100gig harddrive and tl52 1.6ghz 64 bit amd processor and 1gig ram.

When i first launched the installer from live cd, i made my windows partition smaller, from 100g to 75g. The process would not move from 0%. I quit the setup and launched windows again. Apperantly the process had worked anyways, because my windows partition is now 75gig.

I launched live cd again and installed with "no localisation" and in step 4 let the installer pick the partition, selecting the third option (use largest free space).
    The installation went pretty ok, at 96% there where like 3 errors with removal of language packs.

I restartet and after the loading screen it now takes like one minute before i see the blue screen. After i log in it takes another one minute and if i click on something it also takes one minute for the system to properly react- totally unusable in this state and way slower than the live cd version.

My guess is that it may have something to do with the partition of the hard drive. Under windows i can at the moment not see where the 25gig where kubuntu suppositly is installed has gone, is this normal?

help is greatly appriciated,

thanks

Re: Kubuntu 7.10 AMD64 terribly slow

Unless you use something like ExploreFS you probably won't be able to see the linux partition (depending on your filesystem choice). However if you right click My Computer and choose manage then go to disk management you should be able to see the hard drive and it will show existence of both partitions. I am not 100% though because I have never used the shrink windows partition option. Might want to try a reinstall, formatting the Kubuntu partition since it looks like the previous installs hit a couple errors.

Comment

Working...
    X