This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed to boot

whenever i try to boot with my kubuntu 7.10 cd i end up in an ash shell with (initramfs) as prompt and no chance to go on

any idea?
    i found some posts concerning the same issue but pithily without answer

(booting with Ubuntu works well so i will install ubuntu and then add kde but it'd be great to have a working kubuntu live cd)
    Attached Files

Re: failed to boot

The issue isn't a 'working' LiveCD, but a conflict with your BIOS, video card, or both, when booting from the LiveCD. If you are patient, you'll get some advise from members here who have experience with the issue, and can give you some help.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

is there a way to debug the booting process with qemu?

i forgot to add some info about my hardware:
      MS1012 Notebook, 2 GHz Pentium Mobile, 1 GB DDR Ram, Shared graphic memory,...

the problem must be somehow related to kubuntu because booting with every other live cd i tested yet went well (ubuntu 7.10, gentoo 2007.0, KANOTIX THORHAMER RC6b and lots of preceeding versions of these)

Comment

Try burning a new cd with a speed of less than 8x. I don't know why but sometimes burning at faster speeds somehow makes nice coasters but usable live cd's.

Have you tried safe mode?

Hope that helps.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

it not even works with qemu so it can't be a burning error

Comment

Me too have the same problem with Qemu while testing Kubuntu KDE 4 RC2 and kubuntu 7.10 i386.
            I tested with a lot of other distros, knoppix, suse, debian,elive... and all seems to be ok with these distros. So what is wrong with ISO from ubuntu/kubuntu ?

Comment

it not even works with qemu so it can't be a burning error
              For some reason if you burn faster than 8x on some cd media it just does not work. I don't know why. :P
              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
              X