X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UID 1000 vs. UID 0 Error Messages

Good Day . . .

Hope someone can help.

I freshly installed Kubuntu 7.10 and I am having some trouble with user and root access. Frequently I find that the ~/user .kde ownership has been changed to root. The root and user seem to be interchanging. I usually colour the background differently in konqueror for the user and the root so I do not make an error on users but now I cannot get away from the root user (best guess).

The ~/user is receiving updates but frequently it is the root that is making them.

The following error messages in konsole show when I 'sudo konqueror.' is substituted for the user.

Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Error: "/tmp/kde-" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Error: "/tmp/ksocket-" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.

Beside knowing what has happened, I would really like to correct the situation.

Re: UID 1000 vs. UID 0 Error Messages

I also have the same problem, and don't know how to fix it.

Comment

Check out these posts:
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3082251.0

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3086023.0

Found doing a search for "sudo konqueror" in the search function of this forum

I hope this helps
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thank for the reply but my problem is not like theirs although I have experienced those problems.

My best 'guess' is something to do with dolphin.

When I was using dolphin in 3.5.8, I had many examples of root saving kde changes in a users directory. Too many of my configuration files instead of being user:user were becoming root:root. The topic is well discussed in the forums and bug reports but no solution is found or reported.

What I think is that like the users directory problem I think that dolphin is getting confused in the tmp area with root and user. This is an educated 'guess' only.

I never get the problem when I switch back to konqueror after a fresh startup. My temporary solution has been to reconfigure kde to use konqueror.

This may not be the problem that is why I am asking for help.

Comment

There are plenty of posts here pertaining to dolphin and its quirks.
          From reading your post I was under the impression you were having an issue with konqueror and sudo konqueror in particular.

Comment

Working...
          X