This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to Gutsy... or maybe not, according to adept-updater

Hi. After upgrading to Gutsy, adept-updater wants me to upgrade to Gutsy - again.
    Anyone else with this problem?

Strangely, Adept manager doesn't say anything about 'distribution upgrade' after fetching filelists... I should note that I had problems with adept when I was upgrading from alternate CD, so I installed synaptic's update-manager, which carried out the upgrade. More here.
    Migration status:<br />[DONE]Get GeForce2 MX200 working with 96xx drivers, get automount external ntfs volumes, fix resume from suspend<br />[pending]:find good BSPlayer replacement<br />If you know how to fix any of the pending problems, PM!

Re: Upgraded to Gutsy... or maybe not, according to adept-updater

Do this in a terminal:
    Code:
    lsb_release -a
    you should get something like this:
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 7.10
    Release: 7.10
    Codename: gutsy
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

yup, that's exactly what i'm getting...
      Migration status:<br />[DONE]Get GeForce2 MX200 working with 96xx drivers, get automount external ntfs volumes, fix resume from suspend<br />[pending]:find good BSPlayer replacement<br />If you know how to fix any of the pending problems, PM!

Comment

Oh, and it also says "No LSB modules are available." just before those 4 lines - is that OK?

Comment

yes that should be fine, I get that to.
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

oops, oh wait... adept manager displays "version upgrade" too! seems like something borked with adept in general...

Comment

Originally posted by myxal
              oops, oh wait... adept manager displays "version upgrade" too! seems like something borked with adept in general...
              No, it's doing that for everyone/lots of folks. If you click "Version Upgrade", it will take a very long time to get around to informing you about a handful of "no longer supported" packages, and then it won't do anything with them anyway. I ran it 3 times over the weekend, and it always ended the same. Just ignore it -- hopefully they'll fix it this week.

Comment

My fresh install of Gutsy worked like a charm until one of the phantom "upgrades" happened. Since then, Adept and Kwalletmanager are pooched. Adept won't shut down and I have to manually kill it and kwalletmanager cannot be found on system by any apps even though it is staring me in the face. I removed it so I could re-install it, but kpackage says that the package cannot be verified and won't do it. I used the CLI to install with the -f flag and it worked, but the original issue where it cannot be found still exists.

Not impressed.

Comment

Adept still seems to be playing its old ticks. I wish they could finally get that act together. Never did like it. >
                  My solution is install synaptic and the ubuntu notifier.

Just my somewhat flaming 2c's
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting this problem. I upgraded from Feisty to the RC, relatively problem-free, except for this strange bug.

- T.

Comment

Today's update seems to have fixed the problem! (Did the upgrade through aptitude, just to be sure)
                      Cheers!

Comment

Have to totally agree with Fintan. Install and use Synaptic package manager. It just works.
                        I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
                        X