X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Entries in K-Menu

all of my K-Menu items start with "_: Entries in K-menu:"
    how the heck do i get rid of that? menu editor does not even show that it says that.

Re: Entries in K-Menu

I have the exact same problem. Looks like the release is a little premature. A lot of things are broken.

Kubuntu 7.10 AMD Athlon 64 3.4ghz 1gig ram

Comment

I have the same problem. Actually seeing quite a few issues, might have to downgrade.

Comment

Keep posting bugs guys, these kubuntu guys are great at fixing them, updates will happen.

Comment

Good Day . . .

I can confirm this exists with Kubuntu 7.10 32 CD download iso of 18Oct07.

Added a comment to Kubuntu bug report.

Fortunately installed on spare harddrive.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I was able to fix it by changing the menu settings to show only Names or Descriptions, not both. Also, it can be fixed permanently, by selecting a specific locale under region setting in System Settings. The default one is a generic one. Once you do that, you can have use the Names and Descriptions combos in the menu again. Also, remember that you need to log out and back in order for your locale settings to get picked up. I am at work now, so I can't tell you the exact sequence of things to click to get there.

Regards.....Paul

Comment

Should the locale not have been set? When the installer asks me where I live and I tell it, I assume that it's told all it's buddies.

Comment

Fix Confirmed!
                Go to K > System Settings > Regional & Language >
                Under the Locale tab, select your location in the top right drop down list

Comment

Re: [Solved] Entries in K-Menu

I had the same problem, but noticed it was also on some buttons and file menu options. Was wondering if setting the menu region fixed this as well.

Comment

it did for me.

Comment

It did for me as well!

thnx!

Comment

A simple search would have resloved this issue for you. It was asked and answered shortly after Gutsy was released.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087647.0

Specifically, look at Reply #7 below.
                        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

apparently not such a simple search since when i searched prior to posting the number of results yielded were either 0 or too many to sift through properly. your condescending remark is noted as standard fair when trying to work in other linux forums then this one (usually), and is precisely the reason i avoided linux for 6 years after first coming in contact with it.
                          take a look at my most recent posts and then tell me i don't search before i write.

Comment

I'm sorry if my post offended. It was not intended to do so. I do not 'shoot the poster' in my replies, but understand that what I post (and what I had in mind when I did) may not be 'read' by the reader in the same way. Sometimes it is simply quicker to make a short (and yes, direct) comment in a post/reply. In this case, that was what I had intended.
                            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My apologies for over reacting. I do appreciate the help the more experienced guys here provide.

Comment

Working...
                              X