Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutsy RC1 -> Gutsy Final failed - even using all of the so far described ways

I am runnig Kununtu 7.10 RC1 and I am trying to upgrade to Gutsy final, but following any of the instructions (kubuntu site; ubuntu site; this forum) will still not preform the upgrade.
    If I start Adept and fetch the update the "upgrade version" button appears, but after it starts the process it simly stops saying there is no upgrade. If I start adept again I can easily repeat the process.

This "bug" (or whatever) has been reperted on the launchpad so for more details: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...pt/+bug/153900

Using the <kdesu "adept_manager --version-upgrade"> does nothig - absolutely nothig happens.

Help, please.

Re: Gutsy RC1 -&gt; Gutsy Final failed - even using all of the so far described way

Ummmmmmmmmm -- I don't think it failed, I think you already have Gutsy final.

If you installed Gutsy RC, and have used the normal Adept Manager update, or else have accepted the ensuing updates via the Notifier, then you are current with Gutsy final version.

Comment

Re: Gutsy RC1 -&gt; Gutsy Final failed - even using all of the so far described way

I tend to agree. I haven't had an update/grade since two nights ago
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: Gutsy RC1 -&gt; Gutsy Final failed - even using all of the so far described ways

Ok, but I still get the upgrade version button (sugesting an upgrade) every time I fetch the updates in Adept!?

Comment

Originally posted by deepdraft
          Ok, but I still get the upgrade version button (sugesting an upgrade) every time I fetch the updates in Adept!?
          Hmmmmm -- I wonder if your package database has a problem?

Try
          Code:
          sudo dpkg --configure -a
          Code:
          sudo apt-get autoclean
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install
          Code:
          sudo apt-get autoremove
          in sequence, and see if one of them produces "action". If so, the funny Adept behavior may cease.

Comment

Re: Gutsy RC1 -&gt; Gutsy Final failed - even using all of the so far described ways

No change

Comment

OK, deepdraft, I apologize -- I was WRONG!

In America, we are the last to get anything new --- tonight, my "Dist Upgrade" light came on, just as you described. I clicked it, just as you described. It started some kind of upgrade process, just as you described, and it hung at 99% (of the first phase of the process), for a very long time, just as you described. I just let it go. Then it went to the next stage -- something about "software channels", and it hung at 99% AGAIN, for a very long time (like 30 minutes). I just let it go.

I think it might have taken over an hour for the "Dist Upgrade" process to complete -- it went through several stages including "remove obsolete packages" which was fairly unnerving, but I said "OK" and let it do its thing.

Ultimately, it got to the point where I was invited to reboot my system, and I did. Upon reboot, I see the same boot menu, with same kernel 2.6.22-14 offered, and I booted that. I booted into Kubuntu, and it looks identical to the Kubuntu that I shut down 3 minutes ago. So, I guess I'm "Dist Upgraded" and I'll be damned if I can see any difference whatsoever.

But I feel prettier, somehow!

Comment

Working...
              X