This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Feisty to Gutsy - Upgrade instructions don't work

I'm trying to follow the directions to upgrade my feisty to gutsy, I open Adept, make sure everything is up-to-date, select Recommended Updates in the repository manager (which was always selected, btw), restarted adept, and there is no version upgrade button.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Feisty to Gutsy - Upgrade instructions don't work

i've got the same problem, even tried removing all the repo's i had added over time and changing the download server from main to uk and vice versa, no change.. any1? :[

Comment

I also changed the servers, checked and unchecked different repos, etc. No luck. Only thing I noticed is that switching to the main servers slowed things down, so lots of people must be downloading like crazy!

Comment

I have the same problem. They might be opening up different servers at different times.
        Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

FOUND A SOLUTION:

After running adept and making sure you have selected the right options per the instructions, and done any outstanding updates, close adept and then in a console run:
          kdesu "adept_manager --version-upgrade"

(quotes required) and this will present the adept manager with the version upgrade button. I had to do this twice, because the first download complained about a gpg signature that wasn't any good. Second time, it's running like a charm.

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Feisty to Gutsy - Upgrade instructions don't work

Thanks.

I tried replacing all of the 'feisty' entries to 'gutsy' in /etc/apt/sources.list, and then sudo apt-get update, but the download got stuck at some point.
              Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Feisty to Gutsy - Upgrade instructions don't work

Downloads are definitely real SLOW right now. Very busy servers, I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                X