This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

384 mb for live cd intall

The Ubuntu page for the new RC states a need for 384 mb for the live CD installation. Is 384 MB also needed to install with the LIve CD in Kubuntu? And is 384 mb needed for an Xubuntu install via the live CD?

Some people over in Ubuntu forums are wondering if 384 mb is now needed to run Ubuntu.

I will stick with the alt-cd a week after the dust clears. Hopefully someone will blaze the trail for upgrading via aptitude.

Re: 384 mb for live cd intall

The Ubuntu page for the new RC states a need for 384 mb for the live CD installation. Is 384 MB also needed to install with the LIve CD in Kubuntu?
    I think, that they both use same installation system, so they both have same minimum requirements.

Some people over in Ubuntu forums are wondering if 384 mb is now needed to run Ubuntu.
    Hmm - it depends. I wouldn't try less than 512 MB. When KDE/Gnome is swapping all the time -> not funny .

Earlier:
    Topic: Excessive memory usage
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3083399.0

And is 384 mb needed for an Xubuntu install via the live CD?
    Get Xubuntu tells (for Feisty):
    http://www.xubuntu.org/get
    Minimum system requirements

To run the Desktop CD (LiveCD + Install CD), you need 128 MB RAM to run or 192 MB RAM to install. The Alternate Install CD only required you to have 64 MB RAM.

To install Xubuntu, you need 1.5 GB of free space on your hard disk.

Once installed, Xubuntu can run with 64 MB RAM, but it is strongly recommended to use at least 128 MB RAM.

I would multiply those "Minimum requirements" by two or three.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X