This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple OS Installation

I'm trying to configure my Macbook to run OS X, Vista, and Kubuntu. I previously had it functioning quite well with OS X, XP, and Ubuntu, usuing rEFIt as the main bootloader, and GRUB to handle Ubuntu. I'm running into quite a bit more trouble this time around. Using the alternate install CD for Kubuntu, I'm having trouble getting the installation to work properly with the bootloader. What I need is to install the bootloader on the main Kubuntu partition of my drive [sda1 = EFI, sda2 = OS X, sda3 = Kubuntu, sda4 = Vista]. If I proceed with normal installation, the process automatically goes straight from installing the base system through packages and installs GRUB on the MBR automatically. This trashes Vista's bootloader, which is required for the system to function properly. I've tried escaping from the installation at an earlier stage and selecting LILO instead of GRUB. This allows me to specify sda3 as the destination, and but for some reason it then skips package installation. It installs the base system and skips straight to LILO. This is frustrating because then when I boot into the system, it hangs at loading hardware drivers.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to keep the installation process from auto-advancing, so that I can choose which steps to do and which to skip. I've been trying with the 7.10 beta, and I'll be downloading RC1 shortly.
Working...
X