This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant install a program in Kubuntu

Hello, I installed Kubuntu 7.04 with Wubi and everything has worked fine I downloaded firefox and went to the terminal to install and entered the command and then it asked me for my password but it would not let me type anything it just froze. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to run a command without it asking for a password. Thanks

Re: cant install a program in Kubuntu

Originally posted by stvdel
    I downloaded firefox and went to the terminal to install
    That is NOT the recommended method to install Firefox, or anything else that is already "packaged" for *buntu installation.

Open your KMenu>System>Adept Manager, scroll down the list of packages to "firefox", mark it for installation, and then click "Apply" on the top menu. It will be installed with no muss or fuss, and the icon will be placed in the KMenu>Internet folder.

Comment

entered the command and then it asked me for my password but it would not let me type anything it just froze. Does anyone know why this is happening
      I don't know what you mean by "freezing" but the terminal does not show you typing the password. Just type and press "enter". It is confusing and a "trust me I know what I am doing" thing.

As for installing software dible (nice new avatar ) is right.

Enjoy
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I'm new to kubuntu/ubuntu and not very computer wise but I had a similar problem with ubuntu. I was advised to type in the password, regardless of the fact that nothing appears to happen and press enter. It did work for me. If this helps, I think you may find that it is a security thing.

Comment

Working...
        X