Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i upgrade to the final 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta version?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i upgrade to the final 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta version?

Can i upgrade to the final version of 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta one, without having to reinstall from a cd?

Thanx in advance...

This is my first post, and i hope to gradually become a valuable member time will show

Re: Can i upgrade to the final 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta version?

Just keep your system up to date (by using the Adept Package Manager, or Synaptic, or aptitude) and you'll have the current version of the OS.

Comment

Re: Can i upgrade to the final 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta vers

A question of my own: The repositories will probably stay the same RC <==> Final. Right? I intend to upgrade the 7.04 version to 7.10 RC via CD install and avoid "download frenzy" when Final version CD hits the servers. I assume I will be able to get to the Final version by just installing minor updates. Am I correct?
      In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

Re: Can i upgrade to the final 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta vers

Originally posted by Skydancer
        Am I correct?
        Yes, you don't have to edit the repos when upgrading RC to Final

Comment

Re: Can i upgrade to the final 7.10 if i have previously installed the beta version?

Thanks! Much appreciated!
          In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

Working...
          X