This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to come back from Suspend mode

I do not know whether this is related to the fact that I use 64-bit version or it is because of beta-gutsy but I am not able to come back from Suspend mode and every time I have to completely restart my computer.

All I see coming back from Suspend is a black screen with cursor on top left corner of my screen.

I have no issues with Suspend using 32-bit feisty on the same PC.

Any ideas / comments / observations ?
    Kubuntu user since August 2007&nbsp; <br /><br />CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, E6550-2,33GHz,1333MHz,4MBL2 BOX<br />RAM : DDR 2, 2x 512 MB . 800MHz . CL 5,0&nbsp; Kingston<br />VGA : GAINWARD Nvidia 8500GT 256MB, SilentFX, GDDR3, 2xDVI, PCI-E<br />Karmic Koala 32-bit

Re: Not able to come back from Suspend mode

Yep, I've seen that phenomenon a couple of times in the past several days on my desktop system, which doesn't even need to "suspend" -- it may be related to screen-saving functionality. I think there's still a bug lurking in the Beta version -- I guess I'm actually at RC now, since I've got all the updates. It's getting pretty late to hope for it to be fixed before final release... :P

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Yep, I've seen that phenomenon a couple of times in the past several days on my desktop system, which doesn't even need to "suspend" -- it may be related to screen-saving functionality. I think there's still a bug lurking in the Beta version -- I guess I'm actually at RC now, since I've got all the updates. It's getting pretty late to hope for it to be fixed before final release... :P
      Thanks, Dibl. I see you are on 64-bit as well. I would like to know whether the same is true also for 32-bit gutsy. Can anybody confirm this, please ?
      Kubuntu user since August 2007&nbsp; <br /><br />CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, E6550-2,33GHz,1333MHz,4MBL2 BOX<br />RAM : DDR 2, 2x 512 MB . 800MHz . CL 5,0&nbsp; Kingston<br />VGA : GAINWARD Nvidia 8500GT 256MB, SilentFX, GDDR3, 2xDVI, PCI-E<br />Karmic Koala 32-bit

Comment

I'm at v7.04 on 32-bit with the same issue on a few years old HP Pavilion laptop w/Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz.

Comment

It's not a beta problem. Even 6.06 had it... looks like what the developers don't know how to fix, they just leave the way it is.
          Just look at KDE control panel, when you change some setups and when you restart the computer, the settings were not saved, bringing back the old conf.

Comment

Originally posted by myNigga
            It's not a beta problem.
            And now I can say that it is not a 64 bit problem either. A few days ago I have completely reinstalled the system. Before I had 64 bit Gutsy, 32 bit Feisty and Vista (that has come with my PC) on the same machine. Now I am running only 32 bit Gutsy and the Suspend issue is still there.

Comment

Working...
            X