X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Gutsy Gibbon installation hangs when partitioner is called

Hello there

yesterday I tried to install the beta of Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. After answering the first few questions (language, time zone, keyboard layout, ...) a "partitioner" is called. The progress bar freezes at 56%. After a reboot I tried to check my partitions with qtparted. Within seconds it show me the partitions of my three SATA hard drives.
    Has anybody else encounter this or a similar problem and found a solution?

regards
    Xiborg

Re: Gutsy Gibbon installation hangs when partitioner is called

This is common. I don't know why but it is. My only advice I can give is reburn the iso to at less than 8x and or get yourself the alternate install iso and burn that at less than 8x. Again I don't know why but if the mdsums are correct (you check those at booting the live CD and check CD option) burning at less than 8x seems to solve that problem.

I hope that helps and enjoy
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Concur with Fintan -- this type of "installation freezes at xx%" issue, which is not uncommon, seems to always conclude with a re-burn of the CD at 4X speed, and/or sometimes with a change of the brand of the blank media.

Comment

Thank you, Dibl and Fintan for your posts. Yesterday I installed Kubuntu 7.10 Final from a CD, which I burned at 8x. The installation process worked out. There was some pause at the same point but it continued to run.

But now, there's another problem.
        I'll post seperately.

cheers
        Xiborg

Comment

Working...
        X