This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot install VMWare or Linux-Restricted-Modules-Generic

When I go to Adept manager and click to fetch updates, I got the Linux Module show up as an update (along with the icon on the bottom right signalling an upgrade is available).

But when I mark to install, The Requested column changed to "(BREAK) upgrade", when I click to install I receive a message stating "There was an error commiting changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages" and quits out.

The same happens when I try to install VMWare, so how am I supposed to get those packages, more importantly the Restricted Module?

Re: Cannot install VMWare or Linux-Restricted-Modules-Generic

Fixed. Used Synaptic (which also said I couldn't install due to break), so I used Synaptic to delete the current library and did an upgrade then, worked fine

Comment

Known and unfixed bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/135358
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Yes, that is a bug I reported too.

However, running Gutsy Beta 64-bit, I found downloading and installing VMWare Player 2.0.1 to be a total breeze -- did not have problem #1, including bringing in my .vmx and .vmsd files from my previous installation right in -- the virtual machine is the same. I would assume the 32-bit version would be just as satisfactory.

Comment

Working...
        X