This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning's update installed Ubuntu Studio

Well as I was checking out what was going to be updated I saw Ubuntu Studio Desktop and th ought... that's not right.

After thinking for a moment.. I decided to let it do it's thing. When I rebooted.. sure enough I now had Ubuntu Studio installed and set as my default desktop.

Doh!!! Now I do have the US audio plugins installed.. but that's all I installed on my own.

Anyway.. now I have a bunch of other stuff.. lol

Kev

Re: This morning's update installed Ubuntu Studio

Interesting!

Did it change the kernel to "-rc"? I haven't tried the rc kernel again since the Tribe 5 version of it blew up and lost all sound. I don't know if it works in Beta or not.

Thanks!

Comment

I'll check after work. I didn't even think to check that. I didn't SEE a kernel update in the list.. but I read it quickly and with amazement when I saw all the Ubstu stuff.

Of course this morning included a TON of GNOME stuff... I'm glad the full distro is coming out this month. I always do a format and fresh install. So whatever I did to get the Ubstu desktop installed will hopefully be fixed by that.

Kev

Comment

Nope I still have the generic kernel.. but I think I'll give the rt one a try now.

Comment

Working...
        X