This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot resolution WAY too big . . .

Does anybody know why my system persistently wants to boot into 1792x1344@50? I've tried configuring xorg.conf both through Kcontrol and manually, and it still wants to be stubborn. Any ideas? I'm running the current Gutsy beta.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Boot resolution WAY too big . . .

Is that resolution listed in the xorg.conf? If it is remove it so it does not have that option on boot.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Already done that, doesn't help
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

What is the graphics chip and driver?

Comment

I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 7300GS; my driver is the same one I used in Feisty, it's the nvidia-glx-new; I used Envy to install it in Feisty, but it seems to be giving me some problems in Gutsy such as nvidia-settings giving me the error:

You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver.
          Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-
          xconfig` as root), and restart the X server.
          I have created a new x configuration file and followed the directions you gave me before using 'sudo nvidia-xconfig --add-argb-glx-visuals --composite', but it doesn't help.

Edit: Could it just be the Gutsy beta?
          Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

OK, for Gutsy, you need to do a little tweak to Envy before you run it (Mr. Milone has not actually released it for Gutsy yet, but it will work).

So, go to the July 29 post on the blog here: http://albertomilone.com/wordpress/?m=200707

Then
            Code:
            kdesu kate /usr/share/envy/instun/classes.py
            and put the word "gutsy" in lieu of the word "cassandra" in the line that he states, save the change, and THEN run Envy and it will install your driver correctly -- at list it did on mine.

Comment

I do not see that line, about how far down is it?

Edit: He released a new stable version on September 19; in it's classes.py file it makes reference to Gutsy. Do I still have to take this step?
              Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Ahhh, got it, it was on line 477; thanks dibl
                Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
                X