This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrade From Kubuntu Feisty to Gutsy Beta incomplete

I wonder whether you might have hit upon something there. I reckon that to use the install wizard (where in my case it downloaded over 1000 packages over some 4 hours prior to installing anything) will require a fair amount of free disk space and (perhaps) memory. Maybe on an old machine there just are not enough resources available to make it work.

Ian

Comment

i have 2 dell 1501laptops. both set up for dual boot with windows & both have separate home partitions. they are both set up "the same". the first one upgraded without a hitch. the second one fought me all morning. it kept hanging on the "modify software" (or whatever). i got frustrated & shut it off. I came back about 4 hours later & it upgraded fine. I don't know what to say about that.

Comment

Well; on my main system I used the ALT CD to upgrade. It went a little better, but the process still froze. Luckily it was at a point that I was able to reboot under the old Kernel and "sudo dpkg --configure -a". That saved the rest and then I was able to update from there through Adept_Manager. I'll probably stick with the ALT CD for this as the network upgrade still seems very unstable and the ALT CD went much faster (download of ISO and burn and actual install all together faster). I only have one problem with what is on my system and I'll post that under software.

Side note: I really like how Gutsy performs and looks. Good job guys!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X