This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from 7.04 to 7.10 Tribe 4 using upgrade tool failes

As the subject mentiones, the upgrade to Gutsy Tribe 4 fails when i use the upgrade tool. The tool downloads fine, does some checks and disables third party sources. Then the downloading of packages starts and the upgrade tool ends with a message:
    Failed to fetch http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/...86/Packages.gz 404 Not Found
    I know this also was noticed by EvanLeibovitch in the feedback section, but no bugnumber has been issued nor is it in the known problems section.
    Have more of you experienced this and maybe found a work around?

Re: Upgrade from 7.04 to 7.10 Tribe 4 using upgrade tool failes

At least to my virtual test machine, an ordinary "dist-upgrade" of the old system against the new repositories (as described in this text) has proven to be sufficient.

Comment

Hi UnicornRider,
      Thanks for your reply. Though the solution you posted probably will upgrade my system fine I am still looking for a way to get the upgrade tool working. My goal was not only upgrading to gutsy, but also using the proposed tool.
      Did anyone get it working like that?

Comment

I would suggest temporarily disabling the canonical commercial repository in Adept and try again. The Gutsy repo doesn't exist just yet, from looking at the error message.
        http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/dists/ doesn't show Gutsy

Comment

Hey cleydoh,
          That seems to work, the upgrade is now past the point where it failed the previous times and is downloading the packages.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

good luck!

Comment

The tool exited with the message "Commit would break packages" or something like that....
              I will try again when i have more time and will make screenshots of any problems i run into.
              It will work!!! hehe

Comment

That message happens often in Adept during the alpha stages of development. If you try dist-upgrade in the command line it may work better, but of course this busts your experiment

Often just waiting a day and trying again clears this up as there are constant changes occurring, and not all packages have finished uploading to the repos. It could also be some third party package you may have installed. Apt-get dist-upgrade should give you a better picture if this is the case and it doesn't go away.

Comment

Working...
                X