X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lspci shows no wireless card...

Hi!

I am a lurker here, and usually don't post, but I've come across a problem that I can't seem to figure out.

I'm unable to get my wireless card to work--it's not even showing up with under lspci, nor is it mentioned in dmesg. Even more confusing is this: the card worked without problems in Kubuntu 7.04.

I reformatted and installed Kubuntu Gutsy and the Kde-4 packages, and have not been able to get the card to appear since.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help at all. I used paperdiesel's sticky to install my card's firmware last time, so I know what it is and that it works.

My information:

Kubuntu 7.10
    KDE4
    Dell Broadcom 1390 Wireless mini-card

I've actually got my lspci output (I'll have to look it up) from paperdiesel's thread, and the card showed up then.

Thank you so much for any help at all! This is the only thing I haven't got working.

-Kyle

Re: lspci shows no wireless card...

Do you remember using ndiswrapper under 7.04? Broadcom wifi cards need to have a non-linux driver (windows) and that means using ndiswrapper.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Follow up: You should read through this Ubuntu post - Dell 1390 WiFi (Broadcom 4311) On Gutsy w/Restricted Drivers. Read the entire post.

Comment

I configured ndiswrapper according to the instructions in the thread (while on 7.04) but wasn't aware that I could do it if the card didn't show up. Thanks for the link, though. I'll see if I can get it to work.
        I really appreciate your help!

-Kyle

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X