This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced xorg video setup [closed]

I am wondering if there is a way I can setup xorg to look at my video adapter and hooked up monitor's and it determine that when I only have the internal LCD or my laptop to use the normal (non dual head) configuration, but when an external screen is hooked up to use the dual-head configuration instead. Presently when I hook up an external monitor I boot, go into a terminal and comment out the configuration I don't want and uncomment out the configuration desired, and then restart my X server when I want to switch back and forth. It's workable, but there must be a way I can automate this.

(I wasn't sure if this should go into the software support section or hardware support section - please advise if it should be moved).

Re: Advanced xorg video setup

You might be interested in trying out Hardy. It uses version 7.3 of xorg which has automatic configuration which might work in your situation. Download the Live CD and test it out.

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: Advanced xorg video setup [closed]

I checked it out - looking forward to future experiments. I think I may also discovered another method I can experiment with: SiS's mergedfb mode might tide me over in the mean time.

Comment

Working...
      X