X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAL broken?

I get the following problem:

Auto mounting of any media fails (just doesnt do anything) and clicking on a mountable media or partition in the media slave gives me the error "Feature only available with HAL".

I can manually mount these partitions and devices via the CLI.

I am running 32bit Kubuntu 7.10 on a:
    AMD 64bit 6400+ X2 (Dual Core), M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition motherboard.

I did a fresh install and then a full package update, it has done it ever since.

I have the same version, installed from the same CD on my AMD 64bit 4000+ (Single Core) on a MB that I dont recall, and it doesnt have this problem.

EDIT
    : I did notice that when I put a CD it as Kubuntu was in the logout phases (things were beginning to shutdown) it actually displayed the auto mount "what do you want to do" dialog. I didnt have time to select an option to see if it actually worked, but its a good sign, maybe a process thats running is blocking...

Re: HAL broken?

Did you ever get this fixed? I got the what do you want to do message and it started to automount but froze up and I had to do a hard reboot. Happened twice.
    [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Re: HAL broken?

Same problem here, also fails to detect other drives until I reinstall hal. This works every time, obviously I cant do this every time I want to mount. So what Is the problem?

Comment

Working...
      X