This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No WiFi Atheros on Toshiba A135

From what I have seen on this forum my WiFi should work "out of the box". Well it doesn't.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135 with Kubuntu 7.10 and lspci says:
    04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)

Restriced drivers says:
    Atheros Hardware Access Layer (HAL) is in use and enabled.

Kernel is 2.6.22.14-generic i686

Knetworkmanager does not see any WiFi device and Wireless Assistant says "no usable wireless devices found."

/etc/network/interfaces contains:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

iwconfig says:
    lo no wireless extensions.
    eth0 no wireless extensions.

What shall I do?

Re: No WiFi Atheros on Toshiba A135

hi,

I have exactly the same problem with an ACER Extensa 5220. Same Atheros Chip inside same problem.
    Wireless works with an PCMCIA Card, but the inside mini-PCI Chip not.

regards
    kaiserwetter

Comment

It doesn't look to me like it will work out of the box. If you look at this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=512828&page=31 you'll see 32 pages about the Ahteros 5007EG. Notice that at the top of the page linked (page 31), someone with the 5006EG (your Atheros) says these instructions worked for them.

So it looks like you're going to have to use either ndiswrapper or madwifi. But I'd suggest trying the instructions on page one of the thread as a start.

Comment

i have the same network card. i got it to work. look for the post i put up in the network section. siple and easy

Comment

Working...
        X