This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio lock up

ok so I got my Kubuntu installed, only issue I'm having is, if I don't take out my sound card, it wont run, so I'm assuming I have a hardware conflict of some sort. I'm of course not sure how to solve it, cause when my card is connected my Kubuntu doesn't want to work. It's a sound blaster Live card. not sure which one though

Re: audio lock up

If you can get Kubuntu to boot in "Recovery Mode" to a Command Line Interface (aka "text prompt" or CLI), then enter
    Code:
    lspci -v
    and it should show your audio chip.

Wild guess here -- you've added a third party card to a motherboard that has an integrated sound chip?

Comment

lol yes actually I do. I have the on board audio turned off in the bios though. gonna give your suggestion a try.

Comment

Originally posted by seth_alpha

I have the on board audio turned off in the bios though.
        That's the right thing to do. Here's the Ubuntu sound troubleshooting guide -- it usually leads to success if you are persistent:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449

Comment

yeah I had to turn it off for my card to work with winblows anyways lol

Comment

hmmm.. sad, I yank my soundcard and turn the onboard back on and can boot in just fine, still don't have any sound. but using lspci -v shows it. when I run in the recovery mode, with my soundcard in, and onboard turned off it shows a soundblaster live of unknown source

Comment

Working...
            X