This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine locks when reading audio cd's

I'm in the process of ripping my audio cd's to ogg format. I've come across two cd's so far that when inserted into my dvd drive, my system becomes very sluggish, almost a complete lockup and I can't access the cd's. When I boot into windows and load the cd, all is ok. I had to rip these two in windows.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how to correct it? I'd hate to have to go back into windows just to rip my cd's.

Thanks

Re: Machine locks when reading audio cd's

I'm guessing your system becomes sluggish because your CPU runs at 100% trying to read the CD's. What kind of CD's are they, and have you had this problem with any of your other CD's?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Originally posted by integr8e
      I'm guessing your system becomes sluggish because your CPU runs at 100% trying to read the CD's. What kind of CD's are they, and have you had this problem with any of your other CD's?
      They're store bought music cd's. I can't recall having this problem with other types of cd's, but then again I don't use cd's much. I just tried two more. One works and the other doesn't.

I don't understand why I don't have this problem with windows.

Comment

Did you have any applications open when you inserted the CD's (such as k3b)?
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

No, nothing was open at the time.

Comment

Working...
          X