X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP - Scanner Not Working!!!

Harri,
    Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, when I go into System Settings > Printers > Add > Add Printer I get errors due to the fact that CUPS does not work.
    Matthew

Comment

Can you get to the HP Printer toolbox under kmenu->system?
      If not reinstall it from apt-get or synaptic.

If so there is a section:
      functions: here you can choose scanning, amongst other things.
      Then there is:
      configuration->advanced. Here you can choose the scanning software.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewSchenker
        Someday, I'll be back and give Kubuntu another try.
        Matt
        Hi Matt,

this reminds me of my first experience with Kubuntu back in summer last year. I just could not get volume on my mic right so my Skype calls were really frustrating. I really had to switch back to Vista but finally after considerable amount of time googling the thing I found the solution. Now, there is no Vista on my PC anymore, not even as a last resort option.

What I want to say is that there is nothing wrong with your switching back. However, what I would still do is returning your scanner if that is possible. The manufacturer should stick to its promises - if it is suppossed to be Linux compatible then it should work also in your case.

Coincidently, I have also had issue with my Samsung scanner and I have posted a thread here as well. But I was fortunate enough - today I have found solution for my issue. Well, all this does not really help you, but at least let me say that I am with you and hope you can also solve it.
        Kubuntu user since August 2007&nbsp; <br /><br />CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, E6550-2,33GHz,1333MHz,4MBL2 BOX<br />RAM : DDR 2, 2x 512 MB . 800MHz . CL 5,0&nbsp; Kingston<br />VGA : GAINWARD Nvidia 8500GT 256MB, SilentFX, GDDR3, 2xDVI, PCI-E<br />Karmic Koala 32-bit

Comment

Working...
        X