Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this USB and Firewire PCMCIA card known to work in Ubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this USB and Firewire PCMCIA card known to work in Ubuntu?

Does anyone know if this is known to work in Ubuntu?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...5&doy=21m1#faq

If not, do you know of a similar product that does? It's the USB that's important, I have an old laptop that only supports USB 1.1.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Re: Is this USB and Firewire PCMCIA card known to work in Ubuntu?

I dunno' Is there any way you could get the model number?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Originally posted by cantab

If not, do you know of a similar product that does? It's the USB that's important, I have an old laptop that only supports USB 1.1.
      Nope, I had a the same card and it does not work. Its not even listed in pci list in kinfocenter. My pcmcia slot works 'cos i have the wireless card in as i'm typing. Strangely the usb 2.0 pcmcia card i had for the laptop i think worked.
      Another thing is the firewire card in my desktop is also not working even though it's clearly identified by the computer (it works under XP). I believe it is a kubuntu issue.

Comment

Originally posted by assettt
        Originally posted by cantab

Nope, I had a the same card and it does not work. Its not even listed in pci list in kinfocenter. My pcmcia slot works 'cos i have the wireless card in as i'm typing. Strangely the usb 2.0 pcmcia card i had for the laptop i think worked.
        Another thing is the firewire card in my desktop is also not working even though it's clearly identified by the computer (it works under XP). I believe it is a kubuntu issue.
        Sounds like Linux has a problem with firewire.
        I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
        X