This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gusty doesn't recognize Wireless card

I have a dell latitude D620 with a intel WM3945abg wireless card. My wireless worked fine in Feisty, however since updating via adept, kubuntu no longer recognizes my wireless card. it doesn't come up in info center let alone in knetwork manager. if anyone has had a similar issue and has some ideas i would much appreciate it. Thank You

Re: Gusty doesn't recognize Wireless card

I'm a newcomer to linux and had a similar problem with the card in my acer laptop (using kubuntu 7.10).
    I read various how tos and was getting more confused than ever but I saw an article about downloading extras and thought I'd give it a go.
    When first installed Kubuntu an icon showed up on the lower left hand side which was for restricted drivers. I connected to my router via a cable, opened the restricted drivers and ticked the boxes to use the drivers (one for software modem and one for wireless card). I then opened adept and installed Wireless assistant (wlassistant),Wicd and another one which shows up under settings (not system settings) as Wireless Network. This allowed me to configure the connection (ssid, key etc) but it might be unnessecary as the first time i ran wlassistant it asked me for the key and connected straightaway (obviously after removing the cable from the router). Now, when i want to connect I run wireless assistant and it connects easily.

As i said earlier, I'm a real newbee and I don't know if this will work for you

Comment

Working...
    X