This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XPS m1330 hotkeys

Hi, I have a Dell XPS m1330 with kubuntu 7.10. My brightness up(Fn+up) and brightness down(Fn+down) hotkey is not working. The Sleep hotkey(Fn+F1) is also not working. Adjusting the brightness using the power applet works perfect. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks

Re: Dell XPS m1330 hotkeys

Not an answer I'm afraid, but a similar question (plus I'd like to know the answer to your question too!)

Any idea how to get the 'mute' button at the back of the keyboard to work? Everything else (volume, play etc) works, just not mute. Only a minor annoyance though.

Thanks

Comment

You can set the keyboard you have in the Control Center, Regional & Accessibility, Keyboard Layout section. As it stands right now, support for Dell is for the USB keyboard and for the Lattitude laptop. I'm not sure how much the keymaps have changed since the Inspirion and the XPS laptops.

Brightness settings have to have ACPI installed so check to make sure that it is installed. Aside from that, it sounds like key bindings are the issue.
      Slackware 12 - 32 bit on a ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE Motherboard w/ Pentium 4 3.6 gHz HyperThreaded CPU (OC&#39;d to 4.4 gHz) and 1066 mHz FSB, 4 GB US Modular Low Density DDR2 ram, eVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 6200 LE 512mb PCI-e x16 GFX video. Plays World of Warcraft great!<br /><br />Only Linux @ home since 1996

Comment

humanebiscuit: I have the same issue too. The problem is that Kmix is using PCM as master channel which can't mute for some unknown reason(most probably newer alsa driver will fix it). Just right click Kmix icon on the systray and select master channel to "front". That should do the trick.

john14424: acpid is install default on gutsy. So that would not be the problem. The problem is simple key binding issue.

I have tried changing /usr/share/acpi-support/key-constants to the correct key which I got from xev. But that didn't work either. So I'm out of ideas. Is /usr/share/acpi-support/key-constants where kubuntu stores its keycodes?

Comment

Thanks Vaxan, works perfectly Sorry I can't help with the brightness keys.

Comment

Working...
          X