This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB works great with thumb drive...not camera

I am still working on setting up Gutsy but am leaping over obstacles. Currently cant download photos off a USB camera (Olympus FE210). USB drive works ok for data storage devices, just want the camera to work the same way. Won't work in Mounted camera, nor Olympus model driver, nor USB camera, nor any of the other 10 ways I tried. Do I need to install the actual driver?

Thanks,
    Darren

Re: USB works great with thumb drive...not camera

Minor problems attaching a Olympus digtal camera
    Not your model of Olympus camera, yet ....

If you have a card reader, as suggested in the post, that may be the quickest way to get to your photos.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I had also problems connecting an USB camera to my computer. It worked fine in Feisty, but it died with Gutsy. I filed a bug for it, concerning the kernel.

Did anyone with an USB mass storage device had succes connecting it?
      Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

I have experienced the same problem with my Olympus C-2100UZ. Digikam uses gphoto as its front end. One person using fedora was able to get his camera working by recompiling using an earlier version of gphoto. I understand the gphoto team is looking into the problem. Hope they come up with a solution so we don't have to resort to card readers etc.

Comment

You might try whether it is mounted in Hardy Heron Alpha 2. If so, you will have to wait for Hardy (or run alpha's), if not you have another problem.
          Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Working...
          X