This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless not Connecting

I have quite a new laptop, I think it uses Intel wireless. I can't connect to any networks and they are all visible on the wireless list. Everytime I try to connect to one it says "28% Activation stage: Configuring device." The mesage stays there for about 30 seconds and then says unable to connect. My network is 100% working my other laptop, works fine with the internet. I am using a WEP Key.

Re: Wireless not Connecting

I'm getting virtually the same issue on all my wireless stuff (linksys, dlink, Intel). Occasionally I'm able to get on when the system first boots. Typically NONE of the network parameters I'm setting stay. Which really honks my horn.

Today I got a KDE Control Module (KCMShell) signal 11 (sigsegv) error. It may as well be the BSOD from MS.

Comment

go to kinfo and check what wireless card you have installed, make sure you have the correct drivers - do a search in the forum for you card to see how to configure it.
      Also try wicd as a network manager
      Using:<br />Mint Kubuntu 7.10 (kde4 dual core 2.2ghz 4gb)<br />Freenas (nx6325 hp laptop)<br />Mint Gnome 7.10 (EEE Pc 4g white 1 gb ram)

Comment

Had the same issue until I realized that the wireless antenna in the computer was not turned on. In that case you can see the networks but you cannot connect to them.

Comment

WICD has created a more stable connection for me than knetworkmanager has since edgy.

Comment

Working...
          X