This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Refresh Very Slow

I have a new installation of Gutsy, and tried for about a day to get Compiz working before I gave up and purged the whole thing...since then, tho, my screen is constantly refreshing. In Konsole, when I get to the bottom of the screen, the next line causes a "ripple" through the whole window when it tries to write. Same phenomenon when I move from one window to the other...I'm sure I have something hosed in xorg.config, but I sure can't figure it out.

What's the culprit here?

Re: Screen Refresh Very Slow

Actually, installing and later removing compiz should NOT have involved any change to xorg.conf. But, make a backup copy of the xorg.conf that you have now, prior to doing what I suggest below.

I don't recognize your video symptom. Were it me, I think maybe I would change to a VESA display, remove my proprietary or packaged video driver, reboot my system, and re-install my video driver. No guarantees ....

Comment

Re: Screen Refresh Very Slow

You mean you see it drawing the new text over the old text?
      Probably because of insufficient graphics processing power. Make sure that you've got the correct driver installed and the "xserver-xgl" package uninstalled.

Failing that, try dibl's suggestion.
      For external use only.

Comment

Working...
      X