This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved?] VIA chip not working properly after installing openchrome

I did this to get openchrome for my kn400/km400 chip: sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

I had to install a new lib to get it to work. ( I think it was libviaxvmc1) So I went into adept and looked it up and installed it. I noticed that it did not just install things but it removed things as well.

Then I was able to get the xserver-xorg-video-openchrome driver installed.

Then I did "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and I selected VIA as my graphics driver.

My problem now is that no 3D applications seem to work. I tried glxgears and it just crashes my entire system. The same is with BZflag.
    Also my login screen is not the right resolution, but it gets to where it should be after I log in.

I think I must be missing something, can anyone tell me what I did wrong or I need to install?

Here is the system I am speaking of:
    AMD Duron 1.8ghz
    512 mb RAM
    KM400/KN400 VIA chip
    Kubuntu 7.10

Thanks!

Re: VIA chip not working properly after installing openchrome

Ok guys I think I just want to roll back the driver to what it was before. But I don't know how. And also some libs were removed some and I don't know what they were.

Is there any way I can set back the driver and its libs to where it was before besides reinstalling the operating system?

edit:

I got the old driver installed again. For now the problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
    X