Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP PhotoSmart Printer: Wireless Printing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP PhotoSmart Printer: Wireless Printing?

Psst, Snowhog: localhost:631 is the CUPS internal configuration... send people there first. It works the best.
    For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
      Psst, Snowhog: localhost:631 is the CUPS internal configuration... send people there first. It works the best.
      That went over my head! What does this information mean?
      Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewSchenker
        Originally posted by nilsA
        I think you can skip the first, and go straight to "Or (b) ...:

System->Administration->Printing.

2. Under Server Settings check, i.e, turn on, the Share published connected to this system printers.

3. Click on the Apply button;

"System" refer to the application started from the lower part of the "start menu"
        Can you tell me where you see "System > Administration > Printing" in Kubuntu?

Ooops, forgot the first part:

When you want to use ubuntu graphical tools for things like this, it is first in "Command line mode" (sorry, my PC is at the moment not using English) :

Code:
        Kdesu kcontrol.
        This will take you into the "system Settings" of how thigs are don in Ubuntu

Comment

For those of you who know this stuff, what I am about to say is pretty obvious. But for those people, like me, who are still learning their way around Linux, here's a set of instructions for adding the CUPS management utility to your K menu for easy access:
          1. Right click on the K Menu
          2. Choose Panel Menu > Configure Panel
          3. In the "Configure - KDE Panel" window, click "Menus"
          4. Click the "Edit K Menu" button
          5. In the "KDE Menu Editor" window, click on the menu where you want to add the CUPS tool
          6. Click "New Item" and enter a name (such as "Manage Printing), then click "OK"
          7. In the "Command:" field, enter the following line: konqueror http://localhost:631/
          8. Click "Save" then click "Quit"

You should now see the "Manage Printing" service open from the K menu. It should take you directly to the CUPS management screen.

Matt

PS: I also posted this on the Ubuntu forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...71#post3800271).

Comment

Working...
          X