X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Card 2GB

Hello,

I have a 2GB SD card used with my camera. Gusty will not read this card either from the camera or via a Lacie USB card reader. To be fair this was also a problem in Edgy Eft but I thought it may be resolved in Gusty, it being an up to date version an' all that. Maybe it can be sorted one day, its tiresome dealing with pictures through windows PC and the home network. Both Edgy and Gusty read a 1GB card perfectly using either method, camera or reader, so it seems its all down to the 2GB size(?).

Cheers

Roy

PS
    Incidentally despite some posts to the contrary my upgrade went perfectly, thanks chaps. (Perhaps it was the adept upgrade of two days ago that did the trick)

Re: SD Card 2GB

That's weird! Are you saying you can put a different SD card into the same reader, and it is recognized and usable? That's crazy! I have a cheapie "Dazzle" SD card reader, but I only ever use the same 1GB card, so I dunno what would happen if I tried a different one. I've never heard of the card capacity being any kind of issue.

Comment

Re: SD Card 2GB

I've got a 2 GB SD card sitting here, but I've never used it... I'll stick it in my camera and see what happens.

EDIT: After a battle with the packaging (I really need a Swiss Army Knife), I find that it works fine.
      I'd suggest taking any important files off the card, formatting it, letting the camera play with it (i.e. stick it in and turn it on), and trying again.
      For external use only.

Comment

Working...
      X