X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fn key

Hi

I have a Dell inspiron 1520. I got evereything working under Kubuntu but the only thing which won´t work is the Fn - Key for the brightness up/down.
    Has anybody an idea?

Re: fn key

That sounds like something that the Windows driver for that Dell motherboard would do, that you're not going to get in Linux. You can search the Dell web site for a Linux driver for that model, but if you don't find it there, .........................

Comment

I don't know if that happens at the OS level or if the laptop hardware handles it...
      I think others have gotten it working. Try searching.
      For external use only.

Comment

Search within Adept Manager on "laptop" "function" "keys". There is one or more utilities for laptop function keys. I've seen them. Don't know if any will actualy help, but you need to look and read the descriptions.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have that same problem under Kubuntu, but it was not an issue with Ubuntu. I think its just something KDE need to have manually set up.

Comment

I have tried this solution https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...se/+bug/151444 but when i enter this keycodes nothing happens. Or is entering the keycodes not enough?

btw under Ubuntu and Fedora (with KDE) it works out of the box but i want to use kubuntu

Comment

Working...
            X