This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digikam & Olympus CZ2100

Help: I am a newby, and I just upgraded to Gutsy. When that happened, I can no longer get my camera to work. Digikam detects my Olympus, and the Icon shows up on the desktop, but when I select download Digikam says that the camera is not connected. All help is appreciated.

Re: Digikam & Olympus CZ2100

I have read that Digikam is still buggy in that it is rather finicky with handling digital cameras. Try right-clicking the icon on your desktop and select "Mount" if you have not mounted it already. Then, in Digikam, click the "Album" button in the menubar, highlight over the "Import" menu, and choose "Import Folders..."; click the "Storage Media" tab in the left column and select your camera, then, click the folder that contains your photos and choose the "OK" button.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I don't think the problem is with Digikam. If I right-click the Icon I don't get a "mount" selection, but I do if I insert a jump drive.

If I run sg_scan -i it doesn't show the camera either, but shows the jump drive.

the properties-Meta info says Base URL: Camera: Olympus%20C-3030Z@[usb 003,004]/

with the camera on /media dir shows CDRom CDrom0 sda1 sda2

I could be that I have a problem strictly with the camera, but it worked fine before I installed 7.1 over 7.04

Comment

I have the similar problem. I have Olympus FE-100 and cannot access the pictures on it. It worked before complete reinstall of the system. I guess it has something with the /etc/fstab, but it seems that the system even does not recognize the file system on the camera, although it detects the device correctly.

Comment

I use a $15 all-in-one card reader I picked up sometime last year on eBay; it works great and Gutsy/digiKam detect it as they should (plug and play). Maybe y'all should consider investing in one, you can get them all day long on eBay for $10-$20 (shipping included).
          Asus G1S-X3:
          Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Me too -- it is a "Dazzle" SD card reader -- I think it cost $19.95 at Circuit City.

Comment

Working...
            X