This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound is not working...

My sound worked well when I had Kubuntu 6.06, but now that I formatted my PC and installed Kubntu 7.10 it's not working at all. Is there anything I can do? I have the sound card that comes ob board the P5W DH Deluxe mobo BTW.

Re: Sound is not working...

Desktop or Laptop PC?
    What audio controller? (from a konsole, paste the results of: lspci | grep Audio)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

That's the result. It's a desktop PC. On windows I have Realtek's HD Audio driver.

Comment

I have the same issue. With Fiesty the sound worked great but once I upgraded to Gutsy Gibbon, there's no sound at all. The Kmix reports "mixer cannot found". I'm not sure what I'm suppose to have but in /proc/asound/cards it reads "no soundcards". I've updated ALSA and compiled the lastest version with no luck. Any help would be great. Here is my lspci info:

$ lspci | grep Audio
        00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

Comment

Kubuntu Gutsy installed on my Intel platform, which has the integrated HDA (STAC 92xx) sound system, and it worked straight out. But, on the same hardware, I installed Fedora 8 and had no sound. There's a module that you can add to /etc/modules -- for mine it is "snd-intel8x0". It may depend on the specific chip. There's also a link to the Ubuntu "Sound Troubleshooting" thread here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086812.0

Comment

The two times I've not had sound it was because the front channel was muted in alsamixer (kmix was unaware of this muting). To fix it I just ran
            alsamixer
            in the command line, the channels that say 'mm' at the bottom are muted. Use the arrows to switch between channels and change their levels and the m button to change mute status.

Comment

Something very similar to what marshallbanana mentioned is here. This was my problems with sound and how I fixed it. Maybe it will help.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081547.0

Comment

Originally posted by manugarciac
                00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

That's the result. It's a desktop PC. On windows I have Realtek's HD Audio driver.
                There seems to be a link Realtek and Kubuntu dont seem to get along i went and found the driver and even that didnt help

Comment

Working...
                X