This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ati x700 restricted drivers

I got a lil problem when ive tried installing compiz ive seen that i didnt had the xgl drivers running so ive browse the forums and seen someone telling to go to our menu->administration->restricted drivers and activate the restricted drivers for ATI

But when i activate that drivers and boot, nothing happen just a simple black screen, any know solution for this i would like to put the compiz running and by now have the ati drivers working, been googling a bit and found that other ati x700 users tend to have a black screen after instaling the ati drivers that are on the restricted drivers

Re: ati x700 restricted drivers

You might want to try the latest drivers which are not currently (as far as i know) in the ubuntu repos, you can find a good guide as to how to do a manual install here: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

Comment

You can also use Envy to install your ATI driver and its dependencies. If you want to, just download the envy_0.9.8-0ubuntu8_all.deb package to your Desktop; open Konsole and type
      Code:
      cd ~/Desktop
      Press Enter (or Return) and type this command:
      Code:
      sudo dpkg -i envy_0.9.8-0ubuntu8_all.deb
      You'll probably get some errors after the dpkg run has finished if this is the first time you've installed Envy, that's OK and to be expected, just type the command
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install -f
      That should download/install Envy's dependencies and install Envy itself. Once that finishes, if it's successful, type
      Code:
      envy -t
      for a command line interface, or
      Code:
      envy -g
      for a GUI (Graphical User Interface). Type your password when prompted and choose the option to install the ATI driver. Let it run its course and tell it "yes" when prompted as to whether you want Envy to configure xorg.conf for you, and "yes" when asked if you want to reboot.

That should do it! If you use Envy, let me know how it goes
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Might try that myself next update, should save some time.

Comment

Working...
        X