This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird pop sound from speakers when shutdown and bootup

I used to get this with PCLinux2007 but never with Kubuntu but since the recent Gutsy Gibbon fresh install it pops once right after kdm disapears and pops once again about a second after i turn on my computer. Any ideas what the problem is? Again it didn't happen in Feisty.

Re: Weird pop sound from speakers when shutdown and bootup

It's probably your speakers turning on or off. Nothing to worry about.

It probably did happen in Feisty, you just didn't notice it.
    For external use only.

Comment

"If" your speakers are turned up just a little too loud, and you don't have a decent amp, you will probably get some popping from them, but if not, then it's most likely wheat SheeEttin said (probably the case) (I almost learned this the hard way :P)
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Had my speakers muted when I shut down. Also tried it with sound on low and it does the same thing. Also I know it did not happen in feisty because I neder heard it. And the mute light turns on when it pops whereas in feisty it never pop'd and never turned on the light.

Comment

Like I said, it's your speakers turning on. It doesn't matter if it's muted or the volume is all the way down, the sound is caused by the speakers losing or receiving power.

Disclaimer: I am not an audio or electrical engineer.
          For external use only.

Comment

Ok question still remains, why does it do it in Gutsy and not in almost every other OS ever used?

Comment

Working...
            X