This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound blues - Amaraok cannot initialise sound

I cannot get amarok to work with oss, and have verified the problem on a second computer.

Please help with what i am missing or how to get my sound card working with alsa!

Background:
    Main music computer- sound works with OSS, but not with ALSA. All working fine, except when i try to play music, i get an audible warning (just to prove sound is working) followed by the message 'xine is unable to initialize any audio drivers'.

I try all setting i can to no avail. Then i move back to my laptop where i can play media files. The sound is set to 'auto' (not oss) and the sound in this case works either alsa or oss. However, if i set the sound system in system settings/sound to oss- i get the same problem! The sound works with oss- but try playing a media file and the 'xine is unable to initialize' message is displayed accompanied by an audible alert.

Help!!
    The deskop makes no sound with alsa, and i cant get xine/amarok working with oss on any box.

Re: Sound blues - Amaraok cannot initialise sound

Check this out, it a great guide to sound problems I found in a post elsewhere on this forum:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449

I just installed gutsy and had no sound, the solution for me was simply to unmute alsa mixer (see using alsamixer section)

Comment

Working...
    X