This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

complete k3b in distros please

I use to probe a lot of distros. My favorite is Kubuntu.

But....

k3b ALWAYS is incomplete. With my last Kubuntu DVD live it comes without...

eMovix, Sax, tccat, tcdecode, tcextract, tcprobe, tcscan
    transcode, vcdxbuild, vcdxminfo and vcdxrip

The problem is that usually (I did not tried with this distro) when you try to download and install all of them, there are troubles, and if it where packaged with the distribution this problems would be removed by packagers.

Please put K3b COMPLETE at the next distro

Re: complete k3b in distros please

Please take a look at this Ubuntu Community Help Wiki page. I t may explain why, these apps are not included by default, and what you can do about it.

You'll also notice that I've moved your post to a more appropriate location.

Comment

You should also note that the packages you mentioned are not part of K3b. K3b in Kubuntu is the complete/full K3b that is available. Those are more like plugins and separate programs that give additional features to K3b.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
        You should also note that the packages you mentioned are not part of K3b. K3b in Kubuntu is the complete/full K3b that is available. Those are more like plugins and separate programs that give additional features to K3b.
        i think you are right. i'll elaborate on that and guess that what he is referring to is plugins when he says it isn't "complete". and obviously, the reason for that is the restricted formats and that kind of stuff. (non-free).
        <br />

Comment

Working...
        X