This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMobileTools - Mobile phone synchronisation

I really enjoy working with Kubuntu. There are only two things missing for me.

1) Wireless network support which is mentioned elsewhere. I know there is some support but it is certainly not as easy to set up as it should be. I spent a couple of hours trying to make it work on my system but eventually put it on the back burner.

2) Mobile phone synchronisation. Synchronisation of mobile phone contacts, appointments and task-lists is essential if Kubuntu is to make any headway in the corporate world. I have spent several hours trying to get the contacts from my Nokia 9500 onto my Nokia N90, without success. I have looked at Multisync and Gnokii and KMobileTools but none of them are up to the task! I must say that for Kubuntu users KMobileTools looks like a really promising piece of software. It can at least connect to my phone, but doesn't get as far as synching. The author is crying out for development resources. Maybe the Kubuntu team could help? I would love to get involved abut my programming skills are stuck in the 1980s!
Working...
X