This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Panel File Manager and FTP Client

I think Kubuntu could definitely use a good two panel file management and ftp client package, something like Gnome Commander, Krusader, or Total Commander in Windows.

Re: Two Panel File Manager and FTP Client

It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but you can split konqueror's view for two (or more) panels...and save the view as a profile so you can get back to it easily (you can also add things like an embedded terminal to your profile if you wish).

Also konqueror can handle ftp:/ (and ssh file transfer with fish:/) quite nicely (from my own experience)

Also, Krusader is available in the 'universe' repository.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I tried to search for Krusader in Adept but it wasn't there. Do I have to add this repository? If yes, could you tell me how to do it? (I haven't been using Linux for a long time). Thanks again.

ps I know about the possibility of splitting Konqueror's view, I used it that way in Suse, but it isn't really the same...

Comment

Originally posted by phontanka
        I tried to search for Krusader in Adept but it wasn't there. Do I have to add this repository? If yes, could you tell me how to do it?
        If you're using adept, then the simplest way is to go to Adept Menu|Manage repositories and right-click on the grayed out 'universe' repositories and choose enable...when you're done click apply and then 'Fetch Updates' from the Adept Main toolbar...after that Krusader (and many other software packages) should be available.

Comment

Thank you, I've got Krusader running!

Comment

Personally I found Krusader to be painful, not only is it WAY more then what I need, but one of the big functions for me "ROOT Krusader" crashes in Kubuntu.
            Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

I use kasablanca as ftp client and am happy with it

Comment

Working...
              X