This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Crashes when trying to install newer version

When I clcik the FEtch Updates button, Adept offers an update to a newer version of Ubuntu. Unfortunately, it crashes immediately I click Accept.

Re: Adept Crashes when trying to install newer version

This is a known bug, which may be fixed in herd 3 or later

Comment

I'd say later

Comment

but not much...

Comment

Here's the workaround/fix.

Start adept, and enable any repositories. Save and quit

Open a console. Do:

sudo apt-get update (This will update the repositories)
          sudo apt-get upgrade (This will upgrade whatever needs upgrading).

You should now have no problems with adept. I did this the other night and it's been fine since.
          Joe<br />in Florida

Comment

Hurray! With the recent updates Adept is finally usable! It doesn't crash anymore on finding newer release, neither does it finds newer release which is the correct behavior!

Comment

currently using ubuntu but i want to try to use kubuntu...i have a fear to use adept as it had crash my system when i want to upgrade to feisty..why i use adept not synaptics to upgrade to feisty...honestly in my computer adept 3 times faster than synaptics..i don't know why..but adept install without checking system enviroment tools..it is true it check for requirement tools but doesn't check whether that requirement or software that we want to install itself going to break our system...back to that situation..after my system crashed..i can't do anything except restart my system but as in my thought ,i can log in to my system even using safe mode..(recovery mode)..i don't have any choice except to reinstall all over again..i wonder is there any need to change in adept setting to make its become stable in synaptics..(i mean to avoid that such problem happen again)..

Comment

adept not working anymore on my machine after latest updates.

Comment

There was an issue involving that where running the update a day or so ago would remove a number of packages, including Adept and Kubuntu-desktop. This has been fixed, so reinstalling kubuntu-desktop should bring back in all the deleted packages, though the command line will need to be used for this.

Just remember to check what the updates are doing, there shouldn't be any packages being uninstalled in an update. I saw this in the update notifier and held off until there wer no packages being removed as it shows a list of what is going on, and i saw near the top that adept was going to be removed, among a few other important bits.

FEISTY IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT AND THESE THINGS MUST BE EXPECTED
                  so please note what updates are doing before proceeding

Comment

Working...
                  X