This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install kde-guidance cuz of dependency problems

i basically had to reinstall kde/kubuntu related packages the other day cuz of an adept brain fart (on my part), i got a screen (kdm daemon) that needed to be configured via command line not dialog, so i had to cancel adept's progress. well some of my kde and all of kubuntu related packages were uninstalled, so i had to reinstall them via ctrl+alt+F1.

during this reinstall other packages were updated as well. (python2.5 related packages). kde-guidance was not reinstalled for some reason. so i am trying to reinstall it now cuz i need it for disk management. but the problem is, the version in the repos (0.7.1~svn20070111-0ubuntu2) conflicts with python2.5+ [or greater]. (i also tried 0.7.0-0ubuntu4 to no avail). so i tried to uninstall the python2.5 packages and just stick with the python.24 packages. but when i try that with adept, it says that basically my whole kde installation will be uninstalled! but afaict not all of the packages depend on python2.5 or greater so that would lead me to believe that there are inter-dependencies between a program/programs that do require python2.5+...

i'd really appreciate some help here cuz i'm at the end of my rope here... thanks
    <br />

Re: Can't install kde-guidance cuz of dependency problems

if you are on feisty, it is a known problem, which should be cleared up early next week, if not sooner
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=337432
    and
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=336877

Remember, you are using a development version of this OS that is still in a rather alpha state. I suggest watching the Ubuntu Feisty forum for help with these issues and possibly catch things before they bite. Expect this sort of issue as they get things sorted out for a while still.

Comment

Re: Can't install kde-guidance cuz of dependency problems

thanks for the info. i appreciate it.
      i know its an alpha release and these problems can and do pop up. i didn't mean it to sound like i was complaining. i was just wondering if it was only me it was happening to. but its exactly the same problem. but i can live without kde-guidance and openoffice.org-writer for a while till its resolved. those are the only two apps that are affected that i want to use. but like i said, i can wait. its not like i have a choice anyway... just read in that second thread that it won't be fixed till tuesday.
      <br />

Comment

Working...
      X