This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home/.local/Trash/Files ??? (SOLVED!!!)

What is the purpose of the subject folders? I happen to find all of these old files I thought were deleted. Is this the Kubuntu version of the Windoze recycle bin? What's the best way to handle these files?

Mark

Thank you all for the assistance. It is appreciated.
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Home/.local/Trash/Files

You can safely remove $HOME/.local/share/Trash/ directory.
    These are files in trash bin.

Comment

$HOME/.local/share/Trash/ contains two folders: files and info
      When you delete items from within the Desktop environment (not from a console shell) the delete items are placed in your Trash (trash bin icon). The items themselves are placed in the files sub-folder while the information about the item is put in the info sub-folder. Until you actually empty the contents of your trash, they are recoverable.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't have a trash bin on my desktop. I think I deleted it some time ago (reminded me too much of Windoze). How would I replace the trash bin if I decide to do so? On the other hand, if I delete the Trash directory would that be the same thing as not having a trash bin at all? Thanks for the quick responses.

Mark
        "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

To add the Trash back to the panel, right-click on the panel and select Add Applet to Panel and type Trash and click the Add to Panel button.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

you can also access trash via konqueror by typing:
            Code:
            trash:/
            in address bar

Comment

Working...
            X