X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 7.10 and KDE 4 (ANSWERED)!!!

Hello;

If I upgrade to Kubuntu 7.10 via the Synaptic package manager, will it automatically also automatically upgrade KDE to version 4?

Mark

Decision made. I will not be upgrading to 7.10 or KDE 4 for awhile yet. Everything works well now so I can wait. Thanks to everyone who contributed their advice and opinions.
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Upgrade to 7.10 and KDE 4

yes... part of 7.10 comes with kde4, but seriously, 7.04 is waaay more stable, in my opinion.. I have tried 3 different distros, heeeelllllllaaa times.. I have formated and reinstalled the OS so many times in the last 2 months.. Just so I can learn everything about it... 7.04 is the most stable version out, and alot of other people stay the same.. this isnt microsoft.. just because there is a new version out, doesnt mean you HAVE to get it.. haha... if I am not mistaken, you can just upgrade feisty with kde4.. I think.. look into it.. but feisty is good...

Comment

Re: Upgrade to 7.10 and KDE 4

Okay. I've read several other posts and I think I will stay with 7.04 for the time being. Unfortunately that also means staying with KDE 3 as well. Apparently the libraries needed for KDE 4 are not very stable with 7.04. Thanks for your post.

Mark
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
      X