This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!

When I enter my username and password at login, I get a message that says "Account expired." Now I can't log in. How do I fix this?

Re: HELP!!

From my answer to your same question back in November:
    Re: password expired

You will need to reboot into Recovery Mode. This gets you to the command line prompt. Follow the instructions in the link above.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

that didn't work before. i just tried it again and i get the same result. When I go to login it says "Your account has expired. Please contact your system administrator." The thing is, I am the administrator. What do I do?

Comment

Are you booting into Recovery Mode? That doesn't require a log in. You just end up at the command line. Do you?

Comment

yes i do boot into recover mode. i followed your instructions to the letter and when i re-booted, and tried to log in i got the same message. it keeps telling me my username expired.

Comment

Well, you might want to read through sudo password expired. It deals with a sudo password (not normally set in Ubuntu), but it may shed some light on what to do in your case.

Comment

is there a way, from the command line in recovery mode, to create a new user with sudo rights? if so, can't i just login under the new user and fix my account?

Comment

You can take a look at How to reset your password

Comment

Working...
                X