This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KOffice 2.0 compiled against the wrong libraries? Won't start with KDE 4.0

Yesterday I installed KDE 4.0 (instructions from here worked fine) alongside KDE 3.5. Both worked. Then I apt-get installed KOffice 2.0 (the development version). However, whenever I clicked on a program, it wouldn't start.

Bash returned the message that "libkdeprint.so.5" was not found, and I couldn't find the file anywhere else either. It turned out that Kde and KOffice 2.0 has migrated to Qt so libkdeprint is essentially obsolete now. The current KOffice package in the directories basically seems to be compiled against the wrong libraries.

Instead I opted to try to compile KOffice 2 myself by downloading the latest alpha from koffice.org. After figuring that it uses cmake and not make, I installed cmake, then installed g++ when I figured out that when cmake complains about not finding gcc, it Really means that it can't find g++ (I'm not too bright about these things... but thank you google).

Now it complains about not finding "KDE4." That's when I was staring straight at KDE4.

So... do I wait for the current KOffice 2.0 package to be recompiled against the correct libraries, before apt-get installing them, or is there another solution? If I opt to wait, when will the KOffice 2.0 package be updated?

Thanks!
Working...
X