This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numerical pad stopped working

While using Feisty I think I inadvertently clicked some key combination which disabled the numerical pad of my keyboard. I noticed a window on my screen, but since I use the 'Enter' key a lot, I had clicked it away before I had time time to read what it said. The keyboard itself runs just fine, it registers the num-lock being turned on, and the letter part works just fine too, but when I click the numbers nothing is registered on-screen. Only one of the keys on the right hand side works: the Enter-key. I use the '-' key on that right hand side quite a lot and it's really nerving when I'm just typing along, without really noticing what I type and then notice the '-' isn't there. How do I enable the numerical pad again?

Re: numerical pad stopped working

Sorry I don't have a solution, but I have experienced the same problem and can add some more information. I have a Dell Inspiron with Dell USB keyboard.I also have another USB keyboard with same result. I'm running Kubuntu 7.10.

I dual boot Ubuntu 7.10 as well as and the keyboard numpad works just fine. The Dell keyboard also worked when I first installed Kubuntu. Each OS has the same keyboard type installed (generic 105-key(intl) PC) and identical input device stanzas in xorg.conf,

When I get this licked I'll be sure to post.

Dave
    Dave Ayers<br />Quincy, IL, USA

Comment

Working...
    X